I know that I should be writing about my watchword or even my star word. Those will come in time but it’s friday and friday’s are meant for Friday Fives over at RevGalBlogPals.
1. What is the best thing you have had to eat in the last couple of days? I must admit it’s a toss up between Almond and Coconut Nice Bars and the Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes I got at Whole Foods.
2. What is the topic/subject of the best thing you have read in the last couple of days? Can’t really say that I’ve read much of anything in the last couple of days — other than a few knitting patterns. Although, I did pick up a few books from the resource center today.
3. Who would you like to give a shout out to that has been in your life the last couple of days? Must say there are three people that come quickly to my mind, although I’m sure there are others. First is one of my dearest friends Heather – life would be so incomplete without her. Always there to offer encouragement and support, not to mention completely gets mental illness! Secondly, I’d say my counselor — oh how I respect her. I usually count days between sessions and feel blessed that she was assigned to me when I called CareNet. Lastly, it would be Martha who is part owners in the yarn store I frequent – sometimes for yarn and sometimes just because I need to feel and smell the fibers. Today, I just needed to see Martha and get a hug that seemed to put the rest of me back together. These three women have so richly blessed my life!
4. How have you practiced self-care in the last couple of days? Going to counseling and knitting and reaching out to my friend Heather and Martha when I needed it most.
5. Use the following words in a sentence: couple, shutter, smile, pillow, groan, skip, baby elephant, red shoes. Wow this one is tough, but here we go: A big baby elephant painted a couple sitting on a pillow and each were wearing red shoes; the photographer groaned because his shutter skipped and he missed a photo opt.