It’s Friday Five time over at RevGals — well I’m a day late but never to late to play. Today’s theme is love and here’s what they say about Friday Five over on the revgals page:
Hello Gals and Pals,
Happy Valentine’s Day! I know that some (a lot) of you are digging out from snow and ice and lack of electricity. We feel for you, and love you! Some of you have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s Day. ‘Nuff said. I happen to enjoy Valentine’s Day in spite of having exactly one date ever on VD (before I was married). I love celebrating Love! So, all that is to say is that our Friday Five is to tell us about five random things that you love.
How in the world can I limit all the things I love to 5? Well here goes, in no particular order and I’m taking the first 5 that come to mind, now that doessn’t mean that I love these 5 more than what my next 5 might be ~ just 5 loves of mine:
1. My Boys — my 40 something boy and my 8 year old. They take care of me when I’m not feeling well and they plot against me at other times. In fact they are the ones behind my valentines diner that you see pictured above. Both of them bring such Joy to my life each day and I thank God daily for blessing my life with them. Guess i love them so much that they tend to appear in most of my blog posts.
2. I love being a pastor (most of the time). You know it’s not a job but a calling when you truly love doing what you do and when the thought of not doing it any more brings great distress. Certainly there are times when I wonder what I’ve gotten myself into and then I remember that I haven’t gotten myself into anything that it is God who has called me and with God’s help I’ll find my way out. Then there are times that I know I’m standing on sacred ground and am blessed beyond measure to share in the holiness of folks lives.
3. Chocolate – I love Chocolate. I especially love chocolate and almonds. That’s some yummy stuff and that’s all I can say because now I want some and theres none in the house.
4. I love the color PINK. It makes me happy.
5. I love fiber — not the fiber that you eat but the fiber that is used to create beautiful, unique creations. I’m talking fiber that is spun into yarn and some woven into fabric. I have plenty of both but tend to use the kind that is spun into yarn because I also love knitting. Speaking of which, I’ve got some projects that are calling me name.