Over at RevGals this week’s Friday Five is:
“There’s no real theme today, just some random topics. Have fun and don’t forget to post your link in the comments!
1. True or False: You can wear white shoes after Labor Day*. (Please explain to me why!)
2. If “the dog days” are in August, when are “the cat days”?
3. Share a memory from your life of going back to school.
4. My dad had a rhyme he used to tell us: “I eat my peas with honey; I’ve done it all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife!” What’s the strangest use for honey you’ve ever heard of?
5. Post a picture from this summer that shows us one of your favorite memories.
BONUS: Summer gardens! Got one? What are you growing?
*For those of you not in the USA, Labor Day is a national holiday and is the first Monday in September. It marks the unofficial end of summer.”
So here we go:
1. True and False — I know thats taking the easy way out but I’m confused also. True because my mom always told me that but False because I say whatever makes your feet and you happy wear them!
2. Good question – but I suspect sometime in spring when they can be simply lazy.
3. Going back to school was always my favorite time of year. I loved getting school supplies and who could not be excited about that first day back to school outfit that you had picked out days before. I loved school – so yup call me a geek.
4. That is indeed an interesting rhyme but must admit I don’t really like honey so don’t use it but I think John the Baptist eating locust and wild honey was a bit odd.